Friday, November 4, 2011

There's Something About Those STICKY Situations...

First and foremost, this is NOT what some of you may think it's about. So go ahead and get your mind out the gutter! LOL. I know someone was thinking, hmmm....

I can't even lie though, when I wrote out the title my mind went left field too. Hahaaa, gotta love the human mind!

Anywho, I would like to discuss sticky situations that pertain to relationships.....or lack thereof. The kind of situations that make you question yourself, your motives, morals, values and so on.

When dating or just being involved with someone, whether it be sexual or on "talking" terms...there are ALWAYS boundaries. Now what those boundaries are and how you go about them differ when dealing with certain people, but to me some things should be the same no matter who is involved. This is quite bittersweet for myself and others.


So let me give you some examples...

Is it ok to date someone that knows your ex or past sexual partner? If so, why or why not? If it's ok, what are the rules for doing so?

What if you were talking to someone but never had sex...but the 2 of you were mentally/emotionally attached...is it ever ok to date someone they know?!


We all tend to have our take on these issues but I know there would probably be bias answers (with specific individuals). I like to call these "what the fuck" moments! Lol. I've had to question my moral character when dealing with this too.

So let me put myself on the chopping block for a second. *hypothetically of course ;o)*

So me and "Joe" dated for 3 years and claimed to be in love and the whole nine right? We've had several "make up to break up" moments but always found ourselves back with one another. This last breakup was different though, we called it quits for good. We've been apart for 4 months now and these last few weeks, 2 guys we both know have been trying to get with me. One guy, "Aaron," use to be best friends with "Joe" but they fell out about a year ago. Now me and "Aaron" met when I started dating "Joe." Is it cool to get with him?!

I would say the shit is trifling and that's a no go, no way around it but some may think differently.

Now this other cat, "Cassidy" has been my homeboy FOREVER!!! We've known each other since the sandbox but he has been cool with "Joe" for about 10 years. He's my best friend but still they're friends, so now what?!


Ok so, those are pretty sticky but what if me and "Joe" only talked for about 3 months and went on dates but never had sex? We chopped it up and wanted to learn more about each other and then decided not to take it down that road. Would it be ok to give "Aaron" or "Cassidy" a shot then?!

***If no sex was involved and there was no "real" relationship, I'd be like WTF...as I have before! So please share your thoughts, you could possibly help someone out that is going through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment